Spring. That time of year when you give your poor skin a break after troweling on your makeup over Christmas. There’s no doubt about it, decease I love intense smoky eyes and dark lips as much as the next gal but there’s something so satisfying about stripping it back to the basics come the new year. For this look I pulled a little inspiration from my ultimate woman crush, Olivia Palermo – the queen of natural beauty. Her makeup is all about a fresh faced, bright eyed, dewy look. So here are a few of my tips to achieving the perfect makeup look to get you ready for Spring!
- Skip The Liner – Press a soft brown shadow along the lash line with a small angled brush. This will allow for a softer eye look but you still get all the goodness of a defined eye.
- Layer On The Mascara – When opting for a soft eye you can afford to make everything about your lashes. Coat those babies in layers of mascara to open up your peepers!
- Make Sure You Blush – I’m the worlds worst for skipping blush but if there’s any time to use it, it’s Spring. (Pictured: ‘Warm Soul’ from MAC).
- Pucker Up – Because your makeup look is super natural you’ll want to choose a pink toned berry lipstick to make your pout pop!
- Illuminate – Highlighter is your best friend. Pop it on your cheekbones and your cupids bow or if it’s a liquid highlight mix it in with your foundation for the ultimate dewy finish! (Pictured: Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow).