The Christmas party season is upon us and nothing quite says ‘party’ like a bit (or a lot,in my case) of glitter. Fashion and beauty writer Ray Cunningham has put together two easy, sparkly looks to get you in the festive spirit.
LOOK ONE: Classic with a glitter twist
Our first look is a twist on the classic red lip. We are taking an alternative approach to the pin-up-style black winged eyeliner that traditionally accompanies a red lip by using glitter liner to help you (literally) shine on your night out.
- For your liner you can use liquid or a gel. Start with the edge of the flick, coming from the outer edge of your eye, up towards your temple. Then drag it back in towards your nose and fill it in. Alternatively you could use a pencil liner, and smoke it out if you’re not a fan of such a sharp look.
- Add mascara (and lashes if that’s your thing) and a warm brown on the lower lash line to even things out.
- Get your favourite glittery eyeshadow/glitter liner and line over the black liner.
- As for the lips: use a liner close to the shade of your lipstick or take a lip brush and use the lipstick itself to line the lips. Fill in your lips with the lipstick and voilà!
LOOK TWO: Glitter smokey eye
Next we have a glittery, smokey eye.
- Start with a dark base shadow and blend out. Layer if needed.
- Then blend out with a light/medium toned brown. Precisely blend in the crease with a dark brown- you want a nice gradient.
- Using eyelash glue, a setting spray or eyeshadow primer as a base for the glitter to stick, dab on your glitter or glittery eyeshadow of choice. Alternatively, you could also use a glitter liner here. Finish with lashings of mascara- and false lashes if you really want to take it up a notch.
- Pair with a ‘nude’ lip.
Alternatively, you could go all out with the drama and combine the glitter smokey eye with the red lip- but it’s not a look for the faint hearted!