- 1 can of chickpeas, well rinsed
- I medium carrot, finely grated
- ½ medium butternut squash
- Coconut oil
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil spray
- Mild French mustard
- Good quality balsamic vinegar
- 250g cooked beetroot
- 25g goats cheese
- Mung beans
- Green or red lentils
- Chia seeds
- Cashew butter
- Carrot or cucumber sliced into batons
- Cube the butternut squash, removing the skin and any pith or seeds. Spray with olive oil and lightly season with 1tsp of coriander and cumin. Place in a non-stick baking dish and cook in a preheated oven at 205 degrees for approx. 35-40 mins. Half-way through the cooking time, turn over the pieces and re-season.
- In a large bowl, place the chickpeas, carrot and finely sliced cherry tomatoes and mix through. Pour 2tbsp of balsamic vinegar, 1tsp of melted coconut oil and ½ of mustard into a small jar. Shake well and add this dressing to the bowl, stirring well until well-distributed. Add mung beans or lentils if desired.
- Thinly slice the beetroot and serve with a sprinkle goat’s cheese and the chia and linseeds.
Optional: Add a drizzle of melted cashew butter for a sweet and creamy garnish. This recipie will serve two people so find a friend to enjoy it with!
By Ciara Landy