Small knob of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
4tsp. Garam Masala
1 tsp. Chilli powder
1 chicken stock cube
400ml coconut milk
2 tsp. Turmeric
2tbsp. Ground almonds
Handful of flaked almonds
Fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Cook the ginger, garlic and onion in a large pan with the oil until softened. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garam masala and chilli powder and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix the stock cube with 100ml of boiling water and add to the pan. While stirring, pour in the coconut milk gradually then add the turmeric and ground almonds and simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- If you find the sauce is too thin you can mix a teaspoon of cornflour with a little cold water and stir it in. This will give it a thicker consistency.
- Garnish with flaked almonds and coriander.
- Serve with boiled rice and naan bread.
Takes 30 minutes